Monday, September 8, 2014

A day at the racetrack...Watkins Glen

Greetings everyone,
Here's something a little off the wall. My daughter and I spent the day at Watkins Glen. A few of the fantastic cars that were there.

                                          1976 Porsche 935 K1....600+ horsepower


                                           Pescarolo Judd

                                          An Audi LeMans Prototype


                                          1935 Alfa Romeo...valued at 9.5 million dollars


                                          Had to be at least a 100 MG's there

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I'm a Porschefile. My first car was a '64 Karmann Ghia (poor man's Porsche :)). Was there a 904 present? My favorite plastic Porsche. I was stationed at Fort Ord in the early 80's and used to sneak into the back way of Laguna Seca and watch Can Am stuff. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple of 911S's a while back ,love those cars. That red Porsche finished 3rd to the 2 LeMans Prototypes. That Porsche was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever get the chance to go, the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca are absolutely fantastic. There's no finer sound than a 1950s vintage 12 cylinder race tuned Ferrari engine in full song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived on the West Coast...The Monterey Historics would be a regular outing

      Delete