Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An Award...for me???

I want to thank Paul at Napoleonics in Miniatures and J Faria at O'Brigadeiro for thinking of my blog for this award...a total surprise and I am greatfull.


O.K. next...7 things you probably dont know about me.
     1. I've been married 39 years and have a son and daughter
     2. I had a design and printing business for 36 years.
     3. Spent a couple of years as a sargent in the artillery at Fort Sill Oklahoma 1967-1969
     4. Absolutlely love classic cars and pro road racing...owned a 1966 road racing restored 1966
         Shelby    Mustang for 15 years Been camping out at Watkins Glen for the last 25 years.
     5. I watch old movies from the 30's and 40's...especially Jimmy Cagney and Jean Harlow.
     6. Love making things for my battlefield and painting miniatures. A collection of Civil War
         memorabilia surrounds my 10 x 10 layout.
     7. A few months back I started collecting black powder revolvers...I hope to start shooting some
         day in the near future, but I probably won't...don't want to shoot my eye out.
   

       Now for the hard part, naming 10 blogs that I watch on a regular basis.

      1. sidneyroundwood.blogspot.com/
      2.wabcorner.blogspot.com/
      3. mattratatt.blogspot.com/
      4.paintpigdave.blogspot.com/
      5. A miniature history of the American Revolution
      6. paulsbods.blogspot.com/
      7.lead,paint and the general.blogspot.com/
      8. architectsofwar.com
      9.hintonhunt.blogspot.com/
    10.wargamerblue.blogspot.com/

      And theres my 10 sites...getting to these 10 took quite a while. Paul at Napoleonics in Miniature
      would have been on this list, but he has already been nominated 4 times.


       Well again I want to give thanks to those who nominated my blog...this is greatly apprieciated

        Visit these sites...they are all fantastic.
 



          Dick   a.k.a.  Captain Richards

6 comments:

  1. Your very welcome Captain R,
    What is interesting it the amount of us painting toy soldiers who have had some past experience with design/print.
    Keep up the cool painting. Any plans for some Rebel cavalry with the yellow cap?
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,
    Actually in the beginning of this blog there is a Confederate cavalry with the yellow caps..but you can never have enough rebels.


    Dick aka Captain Richards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Captain! I think your blog is fantastic! I take a lot of inspiration from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations,a terrific blog and well deserved. I would agree with your comment about never having enough rebels too.
    Cheers
    Rodger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a well-deserved recognition. Not only do your miniatures look fantastic, but you have an exceptionally well-designed blog as well.

    ReplyDelete